Sunday, April 1, 2018

Easter Sunday’s songs and hymns


The Easter Sunday of the Lord’s Resurrection is the greatest and most important Christian feast. It is the celebration of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ as it reveals to all believers the deepest meaning and purpose of the Christian’s faith in the One who came to destroy death and give life to the world.

What better way to honor the sacrifice Jesus made, and celebrate the hope He offered to us through His sacrifice, than with songs of praise and love!

Of course, there are so many hymns and songs to sing during the most important celebration in the Christian calendar.

Your VRS has 5 favorite Easter songs and hymns. You can read alongside the Psalms and the Gospels "to feel" the spirit of the Easter.

Jesus took the sting for us so that we wouldn’t have too, so join with me in singing, “Hallelujah!”

1. Because He Lives.  It is not just popular around Easter or on Resurrection Sunday but all year long because the lyrics are timeless truth that comforts the believers.

God sent His son, they called Him Jesus
He came to love, heal and forgive
He lived and died to buy my pardon
An empty grave is there to prove my savior lives

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow
Because He lives, all fear is gone
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living, just because He lives.

2. Amazing Grace. A beautiful hymn written by John Newton in 1779.

Amazing grace!
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear
And Grace, my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

Through many dangers, toils and snares
We have already come.
T'was grace that brought us safe thus far
And grace will lead us home.

3.  Christ the Lord is Risen Today. The hymn perfectly fits the Easter Gospel of the Lord's resurrection.

Christ the Lord is ris’n today, Alleluia!
Sons of men and angels say, Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing, ye heav’ns, and earth reply, Alleluia!

4. My Redeemer Lives. This brings us to the cross and to the grave, and the one is found empty because the Redeemer lives.

I know He rescued my soul
His blood has covered my sin
I believe, I believe
My shame He's taken away
My pain is healed in His name
I believe, I believe
I'll raise a banner
My Lord Has conquered the grave
My redeemer lives
My redeemer lives
My redeemer lives
My redeemer lives

5.  Hallelujah Chorus from Handel’s Messiah.  This well-known choral piece is usually sung at Christmastime. But when the German composer Handel wrote his oratorio “Messiah” in the 1700s, the Hallelujah Chorus was placed at the end of the second part of the piece after Jesus returns from the grave.  It has an excellent arrangement that sounds so amazing.

Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah
 Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah
For the lord God omnipotent reigneth
Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah
For the lord God omnipotent reigneth
Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah
For the lord God omnipotent reigneth
Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah

King of kings forever and ever  hallelujah hallelujah
And lord of lords forever and ever  hallelujah hallelujah
 King of kings forever and ever  hallelujah hallelujah
And lord of lords forever and ever  hallelujah hallelujah
King of kings forever and ever  hallelujah hallelujah
 And lord of lords King of kings and lord of lords
 And he shall reign
And he shall reign
And he shall reign
He shall reign
And he shall reign forever and ever.


***
Thanks for your letters, all will be answered. Comments welcome at leoudtohan@yahoo.com, follow leoudtohanINQ at Twitter /Facebook.


No comments: