Saturday, January 4, 2020

#2020Goals

2019 feels like a different era already, right?

 

We are now officially in 2020 – a new year, a new decade, and new goals to achieve.

 

I asked some of our Boholano friends of their 2020 goals, some of them asked simply ignored the question. Here are those who did:

 

Maria Fe Evasco-To stay fit and healthy, to spend more quality time with my family and travel to more places here and abroad.

 

Anthony Damalerio-As the provincial DRRM officer, for 2020, I wish for good health not just for my family but all Boholanos, particularly the young minds that will later on comprise the new breed of government leaders. May they, as future leaders, prioritize climate change and consider this a major concern for all stakeholders. Furthermore, a focus on urgent programs dealing with the environment such as water conservation, tree-growing initiatives down to purok and household levels, renewable energy, more disaster risk reduction trainings for the vulnerable sector. Now is the best time to act together and do our part in achieving a disaster-resilient Bohol province.

 

Cristopher Boncales-My goal for this year is to work a push myself a bit harder to become more productive in my craft, and to make more travels  and memories being known by friends as #dAsianSweeper.

 

Some of our Boholano friends welcome 2020 with fresh memories and success stories and new opportunities. Contributed Photos

Benjie Oliva-As my wife Atty. Joan is the President Elect (PE) of the Rotary Club of Pasay Cyber City for Rotary International Year 2020-2021,one of our goals is to create sustainable community projects in Bohol. And second, a new business adventure in Manila and Bohol.

 

Vanessa Cadorna-Aumentado-My Goals for 2020: Practice a healthier lifestyle like having a proper diet and exercise, learn and do more interesting new things, manage my time well and pursue a Master's degree.

 

Narcisa Navarro- We are focused on our children's future careers. Guiding them of the most appropriate courses they choose to take. Everything for them to have a productive life when it is their time. That's for the new decade goal.

 

Rep. Kristine Alexie Tutor-Every new year deserves a better version of oneself. More resilient as a public servant; more interactive with the people’s needs. I’d rather be a silent worker, walking my talk than a humming bee. Above all, this decade is for the Lord’s guidance. I pray for strength to whatever call HE sets for me whether to continue serving the people as a politician or a civilian. I trust HIM as the driver of my life. Whatever i shall be in this decade, the important thing is that I love what I shall become. To embrace every calling and to give out the best version of myself that I may be able to influence positivity in the lives of others.

 

Karla Tirol Magno- To continue growing with self love and in business.

 

EJ Relampagos-My goal this year is to start my long time dream which will be a surprise. For this decade, an international fashion show for Boholano designers for sure!

 

Vanessa Cubrado- My new year's resolution for the new decade would be, to become more spiritual and meditative especially now, nga murag controlled kaau atoang life sa social media, adto nalang ta pirmi mag base. We need to listen to ourselves more than what the internet is telling us.

 

Fiel Angeli Araoarao-Gabin- Seriously, to choreograph a dance routine interpreting the love song "More Than Just the Two of Us" with Honey Jerome for my 50th birthday... Long-term goals? To do something meaningful for my family and to carry out my duties in the City Government, CCCA, CLEC, AUDIO-Bohol, TCCSC FPTA, Tagbilaran Schools FPTA, GSP-Bohol Council, and BNHS alumni association by God's grace.

 

Mikey Gatal-The goal that I am wishing to accomplish is to travel to different countries as many as I can before I turn 50 this year. I felt like 2019 was so stressful and no time to relax. It would be nice to celebrate Christmas and New Year in Bohol. It was year 1999 when I left my family because I went abroad and never got a chance to spend Christmas with them again. Lastly, always reach out to God for guidance and family for support. To stay healthy and full of love.

 

Butch Bernas-To make my work more efficient and productive. Good health, good body physique, and more travels local and abroad.

 

Scarlet Guelen-Boiser-I hope my dessert business would prosper. More travels, perhaps.  And I hope to return to showbiz with the right material. Above all, good health and happiness for my family.

 

Leah Tirol-Magno- I look forward to a healthier and a more progressive year for everyone, embracing God's love and submitting to His plans for our lives. I also look forward to upgrading my academic and baking endeavors.

 

Anna Maris Igpit-Taylor- My goals for the New Year would be to add another member into our family (God willing!), upgrade my skills to have a better career, and learn ,experience and grow into a better parent and partner to my husband. For the new decade, I just wish to raise my kid/s well, fill them with great memories through travels and help them grow into better individuals.

 

Police Col. Jonathan Cabal- My goals for this year and for the next 9 years would be improving myself to hurdle challenges in my work, health ,and the community. For this year, as PD of Bohol, I share the same goal as the Governor in terms of Tourism enhancement and peace and order, thus, I will operationalize my Green Cops "Eco Warriors" who will work hand in hand with capitol in enforcing environmental laws vis- a-vis sustainable tourism. We can't afford to lose the beauty of Bohol, hence, it's a must that the people take good care of our natural resources. Lastly, I would love to see the President succeed in his war against drugs because, ultimately, it is for the next generation's benefit.

 

This year 2020, our Boholano friends have new goals or a chance to finish the old ones and revel in new joys. Contributed Photos

Vera Villocido-Gisete -Education reforms, decrease drop out rates, increase senior high school as well as higher education enrollment, more scholarships, more linkages and partnerships.

 

Marianito Luspo-Reassess. Resolve. Recommit.

 

Rep. Edgar Chatto- Year 2020 will be a year of hope, peace and prosperity for all. Amidst challenges that we may encounter in the coming year, the Family shall stand firm at the center. Desirable values and positive attitude prepare us to face what lies ahead as we continue to embrace more of God's blessings. We pray that 2020 will be a blissful year for our families and be another banner year of growth and development for the province of Bohol and the country. Pushing towards greater heights Bohol's socio-economic development by lowering even more the province's poverty incidence, increase employment levels through job creation and investments. 2020 national budget includes funds for Bohol's support infrastructure devt in roads leading to tourism sites, ports and seaports development, farm to market roads and roads leading to investment areas.  Gallares Medical Center facility in Cortes for specialized health services, New Hall of Justice , 3rd Tagbilaran-Dauis/Panglao Island Connector bridge and other vital projects are among the priority.

 

Conchita Toribio-Delos Reyes- Looking back at 2019 and the years before it,  Is clear that our success doesn't depend solely on our hands, It is by the grace of our Father Almighty and the Love from the People that continuously supports and trust us that gives us that extra mile.  Being a CEO is not a garden walk, It was never easy, I am left with a big task, that is to be more stronger, more focus on our vision and to be more optimistic on all important things that matter for every Beaucheans out there.  And most of all to continuously give back and be His genuine channel of blessings to other.  I pray to God that He will continuously give me the wisdom to do all this for the next more years.

 

Atty. Ted Lagang-Maintain simple lifestyle while spending quality time with family and real friends.

 

Melinda Mendez-Basalo-My goals for Year 2020: To become fit, healthier by doing more physical activities and exercises gradually to sweat out excess "bilbils" and eat lesser. Maybe I could visit the gym if I have extra time. To have more quality time with family, do some improvements in my house like painting it to make the surroundings brighter and Mlmerrier. As to my work, I will continue being a good  Nanay to my colleagues and stay away from toxic people around. I will just pray for them to become good and promoting a more friendly and gender-sensitive environment at Bohol-Panglao International Airport by Service with a Smile and with a Heart, by this we can create a stress-free working environment.

 

Aileen Sendrijas-Pasagad- In 2020 and the following years, I will focus my energy on becoming a better designer and a businesswoman. I aim to have my name cemented as a leading designer in Bohol and hopefully open a 3rd branch somewhere in the region. And I wish to achieve such wishes by the grace of our Lord and the support of my family.

 

Mayette Gasatan- We will practice the true values of Christianity towards our family members, friends, peers, colleagues and business partners. Our province is developing economically and I wish that investors should adopt the triple bottom line (TBL) framework or theory in doing business in the province. These investors or companies should commit to focus on social and environmental concerns just as they do on profits.  They will manage a company in a way that not only earns financial profits but which also improves people's lives and the planet.

 

***

 

Thanks for your letters, all will be answered. Comments welcome at leoudtohan@yahoo.com, follow leoudtohanINQ at Twitter /Facebook.

 

No comments: