Saturday, May 23, 2020

At home with Vanessa

Maria Vanessa Cadorna-Aumentado: ‘Health is wealth. It is truer now than ever. LIFE itself is great wealth.’

For two months and eight days, former beauty queen Maria Vanessa Cadorna-Aumentado is getting the hang of being quarantined at home with her family.


Although it took the virus to put an abrupt to Vanessa's breakneck schedule, she said there can be joy in being lockdowned.

 

Known as Bohol's Mommy Vlogger, Vanessa released her second video sharing powerful tips to declutter our homes. Dealing with the clutter elevated levels of moms' stress hormones. “So the less we have, the better for our health,’ she stressed.

 

As a Tiktoker, she shares her funny side. She can act and dance,too.

 

Yes, Vanessa is doing all that..and more!

 

How have you (Cong. Aris and kids)  been since the lockdown was imposed (March 16)? We are fine... I mean trying to be fine. Our world now is full of uncertainties, we could only hope & pray for the best.

 

How do you beat boredom? Keeping myself busy with some stuff like cooking, exercising, k-drama watching  and preparing relief goods for our frontliners. Aside from Tiktok, creating my YouTube channel as Mommy Vlogger of Bohol Van-van made me busier as i get excited of what's going to upload next.  By the way, please subscribe. 

 

How is (Bohol 2nd district) Cong. Aris doing? He is fine as well. But became more occupied nowadays since he is very hands on with the distribution of relief goods, medical kits and PPEs to the frontliners. He also attends session every Monday-Wednesday afternoon via teleconference thru zoom and constantly monitors all the towns in Second District of Bohol especially the coastal areas.

 

How does your day start and how does it end? I’m the nocturnal kind, so my day starts a bit late. So when I wake up, I make sure to monitor what's going on around us like checking the latest news about COVID. My day ends at around 1-2am after watching movies on Netflix and make sure to give thanks before sleeping to our LORD GOD who is our ultimate refuge.

 

How did you celebrate your birthday last May 21, 2020? I went home to Duero- my hometown. Had lunch by the beach with my family (Vlog #3 is all about that, kindly watch soon...)

 

How do you protect yourselves from possible COVID-19 infection? I take vitamins accompanied with proper diet and exercise. I made sure to boost my immune system as well as my family's. Wearing of mask when going out, using of alcohol when necessary and proper handwashing have been part of my daily routine. Well, this is the new normal as they say.

How does it feel people are calling you Bohol's Mommy VBlogger and Tiktoker? Wow! That's quite overwhelming! Let me take this opportunity to thank everyone for watching  and subscribing. I'm just here doing what I love to do and hoping others will be inspired too. That's my little way of spreading positivity.

 

Tell us more about your VBlog? It's more on showing my personal side. It's all about health, beauty, food, travel and life in general. I have more possible topics to share with you so hope you get to check it soon.

 

Tell us more about your Tiktok? The funny side of me! Ha!Ha!Ha! I get to act which is by the way one of my favorite things to do when I was young. Casting modesty aside, best in declamation was one of my High School awards. Through Tiktok, I get to dance and yes it's an exercise too.

 

Has this crisis changed in any way you look at life and the future? Yes, a lot of realizations were made. One of the significant ones is the importance of Life. Health is wealth. It is truer now than ever. LIFE itself is great wealth.

 

How do you envision post-COVID life? Hopeful for a brighter day.  May all of us go back to our normal living. People can work, students get to school again, business opens normally and economy recovers.

 

* * *
Thanks for your letters, all will be answered. Comments welcome at leoudtohan@yahoo.com, follow leoudtohanINQ at Twitter /Facebook.

 


No comments: