Sunday, November 1, 2020

Mikey Gatal at 50: Untouched by Science


Mikey Gatal hasn’t changed at all and not a part of his was altered by science (he's a Beauche user for years).

Look, Ma, no wrinkles! 

At 50 (last Nov. 1) , it seems that nothing about US-based socialite Mikey Gatal has changed at all through the years.

In a Zoom chat, he runs his fingers across his flawless face and says with singular pride, “Untouched by Science.”

Not even the rigorous and stressful stories (and work!) can seem to ruffle him.

Has he perhaps uncovered the fountain of youth? 

"Only Beauche touches my skin," says Mikey.

At whatever age, he will always be Mikey Gatal. 

But due to the pandemic that has kept him at home, Mikey is celebrating his 50th with special friends to thank the Lord for all the blessings.

"My wish is to have a good health, finding one true love...and I wish the pandemic will end so that I can go home and spread world peace," says Mikey, who owns the famous www.mikeygatal.com. 

Before we intrude deeper into Mikey’s private life, let’s find out Mikey’s 50 (actually, more!!!) memorable events and good reasons to celebrate life.

1. I miss my Lolo Intong and Lola Inday because they raised me until l was 6 years old. 

2. I knew it, when I became an expert of chinese garter at the age of seven! LOL! 

3. I became a prince charming in 2nd Grade. 

4.I can't forget someone planted a kiss on my cheek during graduation practice in 6th grade.

5. Then I saw Jorge Besa the moment I reached high school. Ha! Ha! Ha! 

6. When I competed with my sister in getting some papaya leaves to scrub and whiten our legs in high school. 

Whether US-based socialite Mikey Gatal was seven (when starting to perfect the Chinese garter) or fifty (as he turned last Sunday, Nov. 1), he will always be Mikey to all his family and friends.

7. I became a dancer when Ma'am Nila Itac saw my potential. 

8. I was wearing shorts when someone kissed me while walking near Bohol Quality. 

9. I really enjoyed high school life. 

10. My first ever beer after high school graduation. 

11. I flew to Manila to study. 

12. I went back to Bohol for one semester. 

13. I left Bohol because I felt left out of my batchmates.

14. I went to Davao to study.

15. That's My Boy 1992 winner in our campus.

16. A crew at Jollibee Davao was my first ever job.

17. I went to Cebu after college graduation then worked at Jollibee.

18. I met a friend who became a flight attendant.

19. I was interviewed for another job.

20. I was employed at House of Representatives.

21. I became obsessed with tennis.

22. I left Congress and worked at the Meridian Hotel in Bohol for a year.

23. A heart to heart with dad that I have to go back to Manila because he believed in me.

24. Back in Congress for two years.

25. I arrived in America in 2000.

26. My first ever relationship lasted for 10 years.

27. I became an American.

28. I traveled to Thailand.

29. Vacationing in Hongkong with my two sisters and Mom.

30. Mom's trip to the US.

31. I met someone who became my inspiration again.

32. I miss my sister who died of breast cancer.

33. I traveled to Niagara Falls in Canada.

34. I went to New York, New Jersey visiting my friends and relatives.

35. Wine tasting in Napa Valley.

36. Health scare.

37. I appeared and interviewed on TV and newspapers at Miss Universe pageant in Las Vegas.

38. My red carpet experience during the Oscars in Hollywood.

39. I helped someone became a beauty queen.

40. I witnessed and had a picture with Pia Wurtzbach before she became a Miss Universe winner.

41. My 40th birthday spent in Bohol wearing Halloween Costumes with family and friends. 

42. We call each other BFF until now, 8 years of friendship.

43. I love Switzerland.  It never ceases to amaze me!

44. I love Italy and Spain.  I love to visit again!

45. I became skinny! Hehehe

46.  H Club got me inspired again!

48. I worked at Kaiser.

49. This pandemic I have learned to value and cherish life more.

50. My dream house is almost complete.

* * *
Thanks for your letters, all will be answered. Comments welcome at leoudtohan@yahoo.com, follow leoudtohanINQ at Twitter /Facebook/Instagram.

No comments: